Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Appears To Have Finally Arrived


Thought I should post a few Halloween projects and a few fall pictures being that this is my favorite time of year. The girls and I went for a walk at Jefferson Barracks today. It was a beautiful afternoon and the colors are still good. Saw a few bare trees but most of the leaves are still hanging around.We walked the same route that we would have walked on Saturday if we had made it to the Annual Walk Run for their schools, but we missed it. Weddings on Friday and then volleyball on Saturday followed by extreme exhaustion!


Did have time in the last couple of weeks to put together a few Halloween projects. Here are my favorites. The others are posted in the Creative Gallery, which you can view by clicking on "Cards and Things". Saw "eyeballs" made with ROLO candies and they were displayed in a clear jar on someone else's blog. So, I decided that instead of ROLOs and a clear jar, I would use Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, make bigger eyes and turn them into individual treat bags. I love the new Bat Punch, too!
Since Halloween is really all about the treats, here are a couple more candy holders. The pumpkin jar was made by purchasing a small plastic jar from the local craft store ($.67, a steal!) and then stamping the pumpkin face with Staz-On ink. Used tissue paper and some rafia and added a tag. The spider web treat bag was cut from the Two Tags Die on the Big Shot and then embossed with the Spiderweb Embossing plate. It holds a single mini candy bar, the flavor is your choice (we prefer Milky Ways in this house)!
And last, but not least, a creepy Halloween card. I saw a version of this card on another blog (sorry, don't remember where). I changed it up a bit by adding the ribbon and a glitter brad and I love the end result. Had a great time putting these together and I hope to put together a Christmas class in the next week or two. I'll let everyone know when that class will be held, just as soon as I decide what projects I plan for us to make.
I've also posted cake pictures again in Cakes, Cookies and Things. A couple new wedding cakes to view and a birthday cake or two.
Have a great October and Happy Halloween!
~Amy

0 comments:

 

More Than Sweets Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice